(no Archived Bridge Hunter;
Bridge Hunter; no Historic Bridges;
Satellite, coordinates from BridgeHunter. I think it was further west because of the topo map below and because US-66 went through Arlington.)
I'm confused about the location because Missouri archive photo near the bottom of these notes shows a sharp curve just before the bridge, but the postcard just below does not have that curve. The topo map below shows a curve at Arlington, MO, and then a straight shot across the creek.
US-66 Overview
 |
| Postcard via BridgeHunter |
Route 66 Postcards
posted two photos with the comment:
Little Piney Bridge at Arlington, Missouri, Route 66, circa the 1950s.
This photo is courtesy of 66postcards.
 |
| 1 |
 |
| 2 |
 |
| "Looking East. Original 1923 bridge on the right in use for EB traffic. 1952 bridges at left used for WB traffic. The original (EB) bridge was removed in 1967." Missouri State Archives via BridgeHunter |
"Original Route 66 plunged downhill and turned sharply onto a railroad bridge and a five span through truss Pratt Through Truss over the Little Pinery built in 1923. This was the last section of US 66 in Missouri to be paved, completed on January 5, 1931. In 1932, the railroad bridge was replaced with a concrete slab. In 1952, Route 66 was expanded to four lanes, with a concrete girder and a Steel Girder to carry westbound traffic. The old bridge continued to carry EB I-44 until 1967. The 1952 bridges were replaced in 2005 and the 1967 bridge was re-habbed." [BridgeHunter]
I remember Arlington, MO, from when I studied the
Frisco Depot. See those notes for more information of US-66.
No comments:
Post a Comment