Thursday, September 13, 2018

Aban/CR/Big Four (Egyptian Line) 1905 Bridge over Iroquois River north of Kentland, IN

(Bridge Hunter, no Historic Bridges, Satellite)

I was going to pass on yet another truss bridge. But when I noticed Kentland, IN, I decided to investigate because I did not remember  that it had a north/south route. The east/west route still exists as the TP&W. I learned that the north/south route was the Egyptian Line and that a remnant to the north still exists to serve some industries.

Tyler Haack posted four photos with the comment: "Abandoned New York Central truss bridge over the Iroquois River in Kentland, IN."
Dennis DeBruler Part of the Big Four's Egyptian Line that went all the way south to Cairo, IL. At one time the Milwaukee Road also used this route to get to their tracks south of Danville.
https://www.google.com/.../@40.8171335,-87.../data=!3m1!1e3

1

2

3

4


No comments:

Post a Comment