Saturday, October 20, 2018

Older Crane Trucks

I could not think of a crane posting to add this to. Then I decided it was worth its own posting. It certainly is industrial history.

Steve Robinson posted
1935 Pinguely
Daniel Craig First outriggers ?
Update: Just a day later, I came across another cute little truck crane. Although notice this photo is 15 years later.
Arthur Overdijk shared
Gottwald in the Nedrelands 1950
Gary Castagnetti posted
Here's an oldie!
Philip Slow posted
Steve Robinson posted
This 1930's Coleman chassis was a demo model with a Quick Way shovel crane.
Steve Robinson posted
This old Mack L model crane was residing at the Cooperstown Junction NY rail museum when photographed in 2006
Photo credit to the --Mark B Simiele collection
[They had to quickly invent outriggers.]
Steve Robinson posted
1951 Bucyrus-Erie H3 Hydrocrane
George Noldan WoW !! My Father owned one for awhile !! Was mounted on a International truck ..
Daniel P. Beyel Jr. Great picture one of the first BE hydraulic cranes
Michael Fennessey Had an early '60's H-3 on a Ford carrier. Loved the wheeled outriggers. Pick and walk with 5 ton. Had to watch your overhead with the elevating squirrel cage instead of a winch!
[I can see the tip of two hydraulic rams to raise the boom peaking out just above the cab roof. I thought using two rams was a recent development. This proves me wrong. I guess it is not technically hard to synchronize them after all. I don't know that an "elevating squirrel cage" is.]
Steve Robinson posted three photos with the comment: "1965 60t MANITOWOC."
Ben Stalvey Manitowoc 2900T
George Noldan I can remember when this was a big machine !!


1

2

3
Steve Robinson posted
This one is a 1945 -15ton - Lorain MC414.
According to the site I found this on this type of truck-mounted crane was originally Developed in 1919, Exactly how accurate that is I don't know to be honest.
William White looks like one of Ferndells old Lorain
Steve Robinson posted
An unusual combination of Saviem chassis and Thomas Smith crane.
These are more modern cranes, but two of them are still lattice boom truck cranes.
Steve Robinson posted
I have seen this pic 100 times or more but have never had any idea what cranes or size they were until just now, So for those of you like me they are, A 150 ton Lorain truck crane holding a 25 ton Werner Swasey truck crane that is holding a 20 ton Lorain truck crane.
Paul Daugherty Looks like the ones in the air are safe! They got their outriggers out & down & the rubber is off the ground!Paul Daugherty Look at all that counterweight.Will T Henson Paul Daugherty yea that’s more than factory, my father had a mc785 with extra counterweights that he made, looked really similarWill T Henson With the equalizer mask and all the extra counterweights the upper looks 150 ton but the carrier looks like a 85 tonJeffrey Wassam Yea, in America the 150T had 3-steering axlesJeffrey Wassam I love the hammer head on a 20T
Steve Robinson posted two photos. I can't figure out what the tandem lift is going to do with the beam. I assume it was lifted off a truck and the truck has driven away.

1

2




 
ConstructionEquipment
[A history of truck-mounted cranes. The first one was built in 1918.]
Philip Winterburn posted three photos:

1

2

3


No comments:

Post a Comment