Saturday, August 23, 2014

Breech in Invasive (Asian) Carp Barrier

I was thinking of removing the Asian Carp label because I did not think it would be used by any more posts. But I came across another barrier topic at the end of the bike trail that goes under the I-355 Des Plaines River Valley Bridge. The sign in the picture below at the edge of the trail has the same content as the one at the east end of the Canal Bank Road. There is a four-foot high barrier running along the canal bike trail in this area---the yellow-topped fence below. Note that the gate installed for maintenance access for the trails and bridge does not have a fine mesh, and thus it is a breech in the barrier.


The gate was obscured by the I-355 bridge in the FlashEarth image, but it is clearly visible in the Google satellite image.


No comments:

Post a Comment