Wednesday, July 22, 2020

Google Lemonade: Is August 24th the doomsday?

(This was not provided as feedback. It is just a rant.)

On July 21, I saw the following at the top of my blogger window:
The threat of having to use the new version is costing me sleep again.


But on July 22, the top of the window was displaying what it has been showing for a few weeks now:

Was the feedback so negative that they backed off from the August 24th threat?
(Update: No such luck. The Aug 24 notice is at the top of a page running the new version. I don't see it as the new default because the version I use is obviously controlled by a cookie.)



I did check out the "Read More" page. It is the May 20, 2020 page without any updates. Of note is:

EditorThe newly enhanced Editor page introduces table support, enables better transliteration, and includes an improved image/video upload experience. 

So we get a lot of changes for the worse for only three improvements? And the improved image experience wasn't an improvement even if it did work as intended. But, in practice, it had such horrible performance issues that they went back to the old software!

One change is that now when you revert back to the legacy version, they are more emphatic about leaving feedback. But as recently as yesterday, the bug of inserting photos at the end of the post rather than at the cursor still exists. And when I last checked a few days ago, the bug of destroying my URL content in captions if I clear formatting still exists. I'm too lazy to check if the text insertion performance delay of 12 seconds still exists. All of these disasters have been reported.

Update: this part is used for a feedback report.

Because the ticking time bomb of having to use the new version is now ticking louder. I retested the URL contamination bug that I reported a while back. Since you haven't bothered to fix a bug that is easy to reproduce and that destroys user data, I'm not confidant that you will address the many other problems with this version such as way too many mouse clicks are needed to look a a URL's content. I see you clobber google.com URLs as well as facebook.com URLs.

No comments:

Post a Comment