Tuesday, October 15, 2024

1936,1997 Yaquina Bay Bridge in Newport, OR

(archive site was down; Historic Bridges; HAERSatellite, 1,003 photos)

The bridge is 3,261' (994m, 0.6 miles) long with a main span of 600' (183m). It has 22 approach spans. [HistoricBridges]

 
HAER ORE,21-NEWPO,1--1
1. Elevation from west - Yaquina Bay Bridge, Spans Yaquina Bay at Oregon Coast Highway, Newport, Lincoln County, OR

HAER ORE,21-NEWPO,1--3
3. Oblique view of main span from southeast
 
"Significance: Yaquina Bay Bridge is an excellent example of the work of Conde B.
McCullough, Oregon State Bridge Engineer from 1919 to 1946. It is one of
five multi-span arch bridges designed by McCullough for the Oregon Coast
Highway." [HAER_data]

Street View, Jul 2022

StatManStudios, Mar 2021

HAER ORE,21-NEWPO,1--14, cropped
14. Elevation from west

HistoricBridges
Nathan describes the different types of span designs used in this bridge.
 
Ed Lazzara posted
Hello All: I just joined this group. I have loved bridges my whole life. When I was a kid, they called me a "bridge nut". For my first post, here is one from my home state of Oregon: the Yaquina Bay Bridge in Newport.

Phil Block posted

Michael Chri, Jun 2023

No comments:

Post a Comment