Saturday, August 8, 2020

Google Lemonade: Yesterday's Showstopper Change to the New Version

 Hello

World

The above is what I get when I typed: "Hello<enter>World<enter>"

I went back to the legacy version to get an example of what I should see.

The following is the HTML for the new version:

<p>&nbsp;Hello</p><p>World</p><p><br /></p>

The legacy version's HTML is what I expect:

Google started adding all of those paragraph tags yesterday. I HAD to go back to the legacy version to write yesterday's notes. And I had to rewrite the first part of what I had managed to write with the new version and throw away my initial draft.

why? Why? WHY?  did they start adding the <p>'s? Now we will see how quickly they get rid of them. I just checked, they have moved Doomsday back a week to Sept. 1. Doomsday is when I'll no longer be able to use the legacy version. 

I'm currently at 986221 views. And I get over 30k views a month. Since the new version is getting worse, not better, it is beginning to look like I'll "celebrate" a million views by walking away from my blogs.

Actually, I have noticed one improvement. They changed the location and label of the "New Post" button to something reasonable.

I just discovered that the new version doesn't indicate which blog I'm writing in. The legacy version provides the blog name in the window's tab and in the body of the page. In the new version, all of my tabs that are using the new version are "Post: Edit". (I complained about the useless tag label when they first dared us to try the new version. One of many complaints Google has ignored. That complaint was made before I discovered that they had bad bugs (e.g. still can't insert photos correctly nor cut & paste content), not just human interface issues.)

Starting with yesterday's version, I'm noticing performance issues. For example, when I clicked the "back arrow" in an "edit" page, there was a very noticeable delay before it painted the "posts" page.

Such joy.


No comments:

Post a Comment