There are more pictures of the dam in the bridge posting.
|Rockford Rewind posted|
The Rockford dam:
Fordham was first constructed in the 1840s as the Rockford Water Power Co. - first used for hydroelectric in 1896 by Rockford Electric Company.
In the 1930s the Rockford Electric Co. became part of the Central Illinois Electric and Gas Company. ComEd acquired the company in 1966. The power plant was closed in 1971-demolished in '75
Lon E. Walker The photo was taken by Lance Wales, Feb. 6, 2011.
|Brian Keith Landis posted|
Fast moving water on the Rock River
[During the 2017 heavy rains.]