|Carl Venzke posted|
Tom Carter This photo had to have been taken between 1956 and 1958, as the newest car is a '56 Chevy and the Ann Arbor ferry #6 became the Arthur K. Atkinson in July, 1958.
There was at least a second ferry dock in town because Soo+Wisconsin Central had one a mile upriver by the peninsula. Back then, Manitowoc was still making boats. The ferry in the background is leaving the river from the Soo ferry doc.
Drone video of dock repair work for the S. S. Badger