Thursday, June 15, 2017

UP+BNSF/Western Pacific+Great Northern Keddie Wye

(Bridge Hunter, no Historic Bridges, (Once again, the Google satellite image was broke.) Satellite (I normally turn off the labels on Bing satellite images, but I left them on to show the leg through the tunnel.))

The route through the tunnel exists on my 1928 RR Atlas. It was Western Pacific's mainline between California and Salt Lake City. I had to dig out my 1973 RR Atlas to find the route to the north and the  junction labeled Keddie Wye. The northern branch was shared with BN and ran through Westwood and Lookout to Klamath Falls, OR.

Marty Bernard posted two photos with the comment:
What a Difference the Lighting Makes
Roger Puta took these two Keddie Wye photos in March 1983. All the units are SD40-2s. Really nice photos but strikingly different.
1. UP 3663, 3341, and 3481
2. UP 3176, 3326, and another

Street View

No comments:

Post a Comment