Monday, December 19, 2016

Natchez Trace Parkway over TN-96

(could not find it in Bridge Hunter, SatelliteAerial View, Google Photo)

It was over 2 years of blog writing before I saw my first arch bridge. About a couple of weeks later I saw my second --- Natchez Trace Parkway over Tennessee State Road 96. We were eastbound on TN-96 to go to the Carnton Plantation.

20161216 6974c+0+40, northwest elevation
My wife took these pictures out of the front windshield. Fortunately, we had plenty of time to get the camera ready because we saw it from a distance. But the row of pine trees on either side blocked the view of the second arch span. But you can see the road going from bluff to bluff.


I studied Google's street view for a better view from the other side. But the view is worse because you are coming around a curve.

No comments:

Post a Comment