Sunday, August 13, 2017

CB&Q Eola Yard

(Satellite) I was going to add my pictures. But I have so many, during various stages of construction, that I have decided I will make a later posting with them. The important thing for yards and towers is the satellite location.

Mike Wyatt posted
Eola yard looking east, 1990. Brad Schultz photo.
William Bauer I liked it when the yard office was in the middle of the yard. It was a better setup for the crews

Marty catches a Zephyr flying through the yard in 1964.

Satellite before the yard lead extension construction. Unlike most railyards in the 21st Century, this yard is being expanded because it now handles carload traffic for the Chicago area since their old freight yard, Clyde, has been converted to an intermodal yard. Clyde does still do engine servicing.

Satellite
Satellite
A closeup of the roundhouse scar.

John Smith posted five pictures of the turntable.

John Smith posted 30 pictures from 2006, many of the turntable.

2017 3D Satellite showing a Santa Fe Warbonet, this is strange because I have never seen it on the Racetrack, but I have seen a locomotive still in Cascade Green.


No comments:

Post a Comment