Saturday, March 26, 2016

Milwaukee's Bloomindale Line -> 606 Trail

Whenever I need a reference about the abandoned Milwaukee Bloomingdale Line, I have been using the 606 Trail Site or the Friends of the Bloomingdale Trail. This posting allows me to reference both. Also, I've come across other pages that provide a history and a current view. And this posting gives me a "home" for any pictures that I might take.

I included the track that is east of the Kennedy and C&NW because the Bloomingdale Line used to connect with the line going east over the North Branch to serve many industries along the Chicago and Evanston before gentrification caused most of the industries to disappear or give up using rail service.

606 Trail

Chicago Switching has several photo collections covering this line.

Update: another description of the history.

No comments:

Post a Comment