(
CRJ (station),
Satellite,
Street View)
NorthAmericanInterlockings:
photo
Chicago and Northern Indiana Railroad Interlocking TowersHomewood's depot is just a few blocks north of here.
 |
Jim Griffith posted ICG TOWER-HOMEWOOD, ILLINOIS
|
The tower is in the left background.
 |
Robby Gragg posted
IC SD70 1029 leads M371 south past Homewood Tower. Glad to finally get a deathstar passing Homewood Tower. |
Bob Kalal
posted five photos with the comment: "
Homewood Illinois, ICG Switch Tower at the south end of Markham Yard."
 |
| 1 |
 |
| 2 |
 |
| 3 |
 |
| 4 |
 |
| 5 |
Noah Haggerty
posted three photos with the comment: "Former Illinois Central tower at Homewood, IL on January 12, 2022, south of the Metra station."
 |
| 1 |
 |
| 2 |
 |
| 3 |
 |
Steve Rosen posted CTC board, Illinois Central Gulf, Homewood, Illinois. Probably 1979-80 when I worked there. Left is north. 1st two tracks, commuter electric, next, Mainline (IC, amtrak and transfer jobs) top, leads into Markham yard and Woodcrest shops, as well as the lead to the quarry. I think the tower still stands. The Homewood Railfan Platform is across the tracks and north. |
 |
Jon roma commented on Steve's post
It seems to me that this must have been a slave panel if the "master" was at the train lister's office. I am trying to pinpoint when Homewood, Richton, and Monee towers closed, and I know that Stuenkel was cut in as part of the new CTC between Kensington and KX in the mid-Sixties. Unfortunately, I have no bulletin orders or seniority rosters to help, and the employee timetables are not always precise enough. Attached is a track diagram of Homewood interlocking circa 1987during the plans for conveying ownership from ICG to Metra. |
No comments:
Post a Comment