Friday, August 18, 2023

2000 Qianchun Junction in Yunyan District in Guiyand, Guizhou, China

(Satellite)

I could not find any street views on these highways so I don't know if the spans use steel or concrete girders.

Are some of these photos of the Takao Maintain interchange in Japan?

Nickey.com posted
Qianchun Interchange in Wuhan, China. See More: nickeyscircle.com/chinas-complex-interchange/
Wonderful Engineering Discoveries posted

My first reaction when I saw this was that it was the interchange in The Takao Mountain. But I quickly recognized that this interchange is even more complicated, and it is in a different country.

NickeysCircle
"The construction of the Interchange began in 1997 and was completed in 2000."
Highway Engineering Discoveries posted
Qianchun Interchange Located in the city of Wuhan, China.

I think Nickey has the wrong location. Fortunately, this interchange is so complex that Google Maps explicitly labels it as Qianchun Junction.
Satellite

I didn't like the lighting on the satellite map, so I found it on Google Earth. (I don't know what the black line is for.)
Google Earth, Apr 2021

I zoomed out because I noticed that there is another non-trivial interchange in the next valley to the West.
Google Earth, Apr 2021

I zoomed even further out to record that the complexity is because a couple of mountain ridges are in a large metropolitan area. An interesting exercise would be the number of tunnels that were dug to connect the east and west parts of this metro area.
Google Earth, Apr 2021


No comments:

Post a Comment