Saturday, June 29, 2024

1908 CN Ranier Bridge over Rainy River near International Falls, MN

(Archived Bridge HunterHistoric BridgesSatellite)

A Bridge Hunter comment calls this the "busiest US Customs rail of port of entry in the US," and the Bridge Hunter description calls it "the third busiest international railroad crossing in the nation."

The 541' (165m) long bridge has a movable span of 134' (41m). [HistoricBridges]

Street View, Jun 2012

n140 via eBook via BridgeHunter

Jim Ramnes posted
A cloudy /drizzly morning but I went to Ranier to eat my Hardee's breakfast anyway. Lit up the drone expecting it to be an authorization zone. Surprisingly it was just an altitude zone so I grabbed a shot of a couple of waiting northbounds. Then I heard a horn from Canada, and flew to the bridge where I caught a stack train entering the US.

HistoricBridges

No comments:

Post a Comment