Monday, August 30, 2021

Aban/ConRail/Pennsy Bridge over Indiana Harbor Canal in East Chicago, IN

(Bridge HunterSatellite)

Digitally Zoomed from the Following

This bridge looked so strange that it caught my eye even though it is in the background in the original photo below. I'm glad I did because I then realized it was the Pennsy bridge that is long gone. According to Bridge Hunter, it is a Rall type of bridge. I've seen Rall bridges before and not been able to figure out how they worked. I still can't figure out how they worked.
Minneapolis Northbay posted

Digitally Zoomed from the Following

East Chicago Indiana Public Library via BridgeHunter
[This emphasizes how narrow the opening was.]

Photo by Paul Geiger, 1976, looking West via BridgeHunter





1 comment:

  1. Check out my drawing of this bridge on bridgehunter and maybe you'll get an idea how this bridge operates. Butler

    ReplyDelete