Friday, November 12, 2021

IHB Industries Served by the "510 Center Job"

(Satellite)

I've documented the remaining rail-served industries on several branches in the Chicagoland area. I'm happy to discover a branch that has too many industries to analyze in detail. 
George M Stupar posted
1-4-2010, unknown location, MIKE STUPAR PHOTO
Tom Siniawski: Sterling lumber on the right. Blue Island
Tim Hager: 510 Center Job, looking west. The bridge in the distance is 127th Street in Blue Island.
Tim Hager: I worked that job with Steve Wisneski a couple months ago. I couldn’t believe how many industries there are for that job.
Bill Randolph: Tim Hager used to be a lot more.
Chuck Mager: That location was called Wireton, back in the day. No clue what it is called today wirh all the track layout and signal changes!!
Larry Langley: I'm surprised to see a caboose in this photo. Thought all of them were gone.
[I noticed the caboose as well. Note the the of the date of the photo is 2010. I wonder if they still use them.]

I start with a road map image because it is easier to see where the tracks are.
Road Map

And then the satellite equivalent. It appears that some of the industries also use the Cal Sag Channel for transportation.
Satellite

The Sterling Lumber Co label one the maps must be old data because it looks like it is now a liquids transloading operation.
Satellite

This industrial park is a rather recent development. There was just some tank farms on this land in a 1963 topo map.
1978 Blue Island Quadrangle @ 1:24,000




No comments:

Post a Comment