Friday, September 14, 2018

Aban/B&O 1907 Bridge #464 near Cuyahoga River in Cleveland, OH

(Bridge Hunter, Historic Bridges, HAERBird's Eye View3D Satellite)

At 230', it is the worlds longest Scherzer Rolling Lift span.

C Hanchey Flickr, License: Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial (CC BY-NC)

Ron Reed posted
The only picture I've got of that drawbridge down '78
Rob Cervenak: It had to have been OOS not too long after
[Satellite view to confirm location.]
Geoffrey Moreland shared
  
Published prior to 1923
Cleveland Public Library Photo Credit, released into public domain
 Cropped Photo from HAER OHIO,18-CLEV,27--1 from oh0130
Post card view of the bridge, c. 1910. Post card courtesy Carol Poh Miller. Photocopy by Berni Rich, Score Photographers Cleveland, OH - B & O Railroad Bridge Number 464, Spanning Old Ship Canal & Cuyahoga River, Cleveland, Cuyahoga County, OH

Roy Burris posted
This popped up in my FB memories it is the flats in Cleveland, OH. I was last there 5 years ago, used to party there in college in the 80's. If anyone has any history I would be interested.
[Comments provided the link to Bridge Hunter that is at the top of these notes.]
Oh, the Flats! I still remember listening to Dixieland jazz at Fagan’s in the 60’s.
There are no tracks leading to that bridge. And as for partying in the flats it’s a bit more difficult now. Neat restaurants and bars torn down for expensive condos.
Author
Charlie Easton
 if I remember correctly I was able to drive my jeep inside that smoke stack and look straight up

I didn't notice all of the vines on the bridge until I looked at the 16 photos posted by Mr. P. Explores.

It is the rolling bridge in this aerial.
BGSU

2 comments:

  1. You are illegally using my art photography via, Jonathan Konopka. Carter Road Bridge shot and B&O #464 shot, in Cleveland. It's Art, it's Documentary, it's my life's work, and my copyright and specific limits on use are stamped digitally on every shot. professional photographer since 1978, devoting my entire life to work, and protecting it, from the likes of you and this konopka guy from parma Oh.

    Remove my pictures from your site immediately.

    RealStill, tom sullens

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry about that. The photo in #464 is gone. I could not find one in the Carter notes, but I did delete a photo posted by Konopka. FYI, he also posted photos with the claim of "courtesy of RealStill.com" on May 21, 2022, and July 18, 2022. I have deleted those as well.

      Delete