Friday, September 30, 2022

IHB Stewart Avenue Tower

(Satellite)

Photo by J.D. (Tuch) Santucci via dhke, closed in 1989
Also uploaded by Mike Breski (in comment) and Michael Brandt.

IHB Diagrams, p12 via dhke

Ken Schmidt posted via Dennis DeBruler
[The Stewart Avenue Tower is a little right of the center of this photo.]

I include this 1929 topo map because...
1929 Blue Island Quad @ 24,000

...I was surprised by how many streets, including Stewart Avenue, didn't actually exist in 1939.
1939 Aerial Photo from ILHAP

I was even more surprised that I could not see the tower north of the mainline. (I included some boxcars to show that a building should be casting a shadow.) So I'm confused.
At photo resolution

Of course, it doesn't show up on a contemporary image.
Satellite




No comments:

Post a Comment