Thursday, July 7, 2016

Anheuser Busch and Argus Brewing

Streetview
This posting has photos of a neat old building with the name Anheuser Busch. The comments claim it is at 72nd and Kimbark, but I could not find that location. The comments also talk about "tied house," but I don't know what that means. (Update: I think it is a bar that promotes a particular brand of beer.) Another comment was of particular interest:
Keith King The building that Argus Brewing is operating out of was once a stable house for Anheuser-Busch beer wagon horses. The elevator was, before the addition of an electric winch, operated by cables pulled by a team of horses.
I was able to find the former stable house. Getting pictures of the Kensinton Tower and Pullman National Monument just went up in priority on the field trip lists.

1 comment:

  1. It was not Anheuser-Busch.
    It was Schlitz.

    I have visited Argus Brwg. a few times, and taken photographs on those occasions.
    Argus' beers are quite good. I recommend them to every one. Ted Furman, the owner of Golden Prairie Brwg. [R.I.P.], is now the master brewer at Argus.

    ReplyDelete