Tuesday, August 18, 2020

Google Lemonade: A new URL corruption mode

(I use Chrome as my browser. So if Google's browser can't handle something, I think it is reasonable to assume that other browsers would have problems with it.)

 After reformatting a caption, the bogus URL was longer than normal.

Normally, I see that edit nonsense when I copy content onto a clipboard. I think it also occurs, at least sometimes, when I remove formatting from the body rather than a caption. This is what it should be.
This bug du jour exercise is exciting, but it is not fun. It is wasting enough of my time that I'm getting way behind on my regular content. And the dread of the Sept 1 Doomsday is costing me sleep.

Update:
When I unformatted some text in the body (instead of a caption), it corrupted the one URL I cared about (iowacorn.org) but did not damage the three that I don't care about.


No comments:

Post a Comment