Wednesday, September 16, 2020

A Horse-Powered Ear Corn Grinder


Dale Buxton posted
I found this at a barn sale in Nebraska and couldn't walk away..... it's about 400lbs.
Problem Is I have no idea what it is. Please help out.


Dale added this in response to question about what the other side looked like.
It looks like one made for ear corn. The cutter with 3 hooked blades would cut the entire ear into smaller pieces and the center piece looks much like some other grinders I have as a breaker to make yet smaller pieces and the ones I have then had a set of burrs to grind it down even finer. The ones I have operated horizontally but this one looks to have ran in the position it is sitting in. May have had a sheet metal hopper at that upper shoulder.
[Other comments indicate it would have had a funnel shaped hopper on top. And the wheel could adjust the size of the resulting grind.]

No comments:

Post a Comment