Wednesday, September 23, 2020

CSX/B&O 1906 Bridge #460 over Cuyahoga River in Cleveland, OH

(no Bridge Hunter?; Historic Bridges; 3D Satellite)

Unlike the B&O bridges closer to the lake, this bridge is still used.

Street View

Charlie Harley posted

Jonathan Konopka posted
A W&LE train is seen crossing the B&O drawbridge over the Cuyahoga River near the north end of Clark Avenue Yard and I-490. Photo is dated July 2000, credit belongs to A.H. Morscher.

I used street view to verify I had the correct notes for Jonathan's post because there are three former B&O rolling bridges in Cleveland.
Street View, May 2019

While trying to get a clearer view, I moved one more "mouse click" North and the bridge disappeared. Then I noticed that the bridge was down. That verifies that trains still use this route. Checking the dates verifies that these two views were taken by different drivers.
Street View, Jun 2019


No comments:

Post a Comment