Tuesday, September 15, 2020

Facebook Lemonade: Triple-click selects too much

Another day, another problem. The hits just keep coming.

<update>
It just occurred to me that I was assuming that triple-click would work the same way in the new version as it did in the classic version. Silly me. I just did a test. I triple clicked the description of a photo in the new version and then went to the next photo. The description in the second photo WAS NOT SELECTED as it is in the classic version. So my complaint below about triple-click selecting too much content is irrelevant because Facebook broke why I would triple click in the first place!
</update>

The first screenshot shows were I triple-clicked the description of a photo.
The second screenshot shows the resulting paste into a photo caption where the "3" line had already been entered.

Note the extra white space at the top between the 3 and the text and the garbage at the bottom. The old version copied just the text, which is what I want.

The reason for triple clicking instead of sweeping the text is so that when I advance to the following photos the text will automatically be selected as shown in this screenshot.

This is what it looks like if I sweep, instead of triple-click, the text for the previous photo.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment