Friday, September 11, 2020

Facebook Lemonade: Shares get Broken

The shares I do with the new Facebook become broken. One of the failure modes is that it switches to displaying a link in the comment rather than the share. The share initially looked OK. But when I looked at it 17 hours later, I saw:

I need to take a snapshot of the original share in anticipation of Facebook breaking it so that I can show what it is supposed to look like. But I have been able to effectively repair the share be removing the Google Map link and adding a permanent link to Steven's post. 

I did edit the comments for this share. Is that what breaks the share?

I've seen another failure mode for shares, but right now I can't remember the details.

So far, Google's new software for bloggers is worse than Facebook's new software. But this bug tightens up the race.


No comments:

Post a Comment