Thursday, March 18, 2021

Parkersburg-Belpre Bridge over Ohio River

(Bridge Hunter; Historic Bridges; Satellite)

This bridge carried US-50 until a new bridge bypassed US-50 traffic around Belpre.


Looking upstream (North).
20171013 6900

The truss bridge next to this bridge is the CSX/B&O Bridge, and the cantilever bridge in the distant background is the Memorial Toll Bridge.
Dan Kemper posted
Miss Nicole under the Belpre bridge. 3/17/2021

These are the photos I took of the bridge as I walked upstream (North) on the riverwalk along the Parkersburg shore.





On my way back I took a detail shot of the deck structure.

As we left Parkersburg and the Oil & Gas Museum, my daughter caught a 3/4 view.

I now see she also caught some bugs on the windshield. I'll have to remember to do a better job of washing the windows when I do field trips with a passenger.

No comments:

Post a Comment