Sunday, April 18, 2021

CSX/C&O/HV and (NS+CUOH)/Pennsy Bridges over Olentangy River in Columbus, OH

(Bridge Hunter HV; Bridge Hunter Pennsy; Satellite)

HV = Hocking Valley
CUOH = Columbus and Ohio River Railroad

Bridge Hunter labels the Pennsy bridge as CSX. But both the 2005 SPV Map and a contemporary USGS map label it as Norfolk Southern.

I'm documenting these two bridges together because they are so close that it is hard to get a photo of one without getting the other. This view is of the CSX/HV truss from under the NS/Pennsy plate girder bridge.
20180826 4215

A trail goes under the west end of the bridges. Because of the trees, as I approached the northern (HV) bridge from the North, it was not possible to get a view of the entire bridge. But I could get a good view of the west end.

And a good view of the underside. The plate girder bridge on the right is the Pennsy bridge.

The top photo properly exposes the truss bridge. This one properly exposes the underside of the girder bridge.

I took this view  because of the rails lying in the river.

I then got a closeup of a girder.


The river was low so I was able to get this downstream shot of the Pennsy bridge in front of the HV bridge. The more I look at  the photo, the more birds I see taking off from the river. Note the Goodale Street Bridge peaking out from under the left truss span.

This is a view looking South from that road bridge.




No comments:

Post a Comment