I used to think the .pdf copy was a better scan. But I have discovered that the eBook did a better job with photos. I include copies from both sources for a map so that you can judge which is better. I enlarged both images until they began to show pixels. The .pdf indicated 150%. I could not get a percentage for the eBook, but I would say it was also around 150%.
You probably need to click and image and then save to disk and use a photo viewer to access the full resolution stored by the blog server.
|eBook, p 531|
|pdf copy from 1915 Smoke Abatement Report, p. 531|
- B&OCT Lincoln Street Yard (B&O and Wisconsin Central, sometimes C&O)
- C&NW: Erie Street Yard and others
- C&WI, which handled coaches for its five owners: Erie, Monon, GTW, Wabash, and C&EI
- CB&Q, CB&Q used to have additional yard facilities south of this commuter yard
- GM&O Brighton Park Yard
- Illinois Central (IC, MC for a while, and Big Four)
- Milwaukee Western Yard
- NKP CalumetYard
- Pennsy, today the land is used by Amtrak
- Rock Island and NYC
- Santa Fe
The remaining images are from the eBook.
|eBook, p 529|
|eBook, p 530|
|eBook, p 532|
|eBook, p 533|
|eBook, p 534|