Friday, November 10, 2017

Chicago 1948 Railroad Fair

Jeff Lewis shared WW2 RADIO's album: Chicago Railroad Fair - 1948 of 183 photos.

Official Guide Book and Program for the Pageant
David Daruszka commented on the share
It was on the former site of the 1933 World's Fair.

David Daruska's research on this fair saves me a lot of time. Please read it. Since this fair reused the land that was used by the 1933 Worlds Fair, it also reused the track and stations that the Illinois Central built to move people to and from the fair grounds.

It will take me a while to write postings with some of those 183 photos. I'll add links to them here as I get them written. But I need to publish this posting now so that the detailed postings can link back to it.
The YouTube link that I had saved in my notes is now broken. But a search found a few videos of the daily pageant, "Wheels a-Rolling."  But some of them are duplicates of the first one, which sounds familiar. It is probably the one I watched a couple of years ago. These videos also provide insight into the history of the film industry. Especially the amateur films.

(new window)


(new window)


(new window)


(new window)

No comments:

Post a Comment