Tuesday, March 6, 2018

GTW and Auto Ferry Docks in Muskegon, MI

GTW Dock: (Satellite, it has been repurposed)
Auto Dock: (Satellite, 1,002 photos) This service to Milwaukee, WI, in 2.5 hours started in 2004.


Joe McCarron posted
My collection. GTW. MIlwaukee, Wi.
Joe McCarron In Milwaukee, they called this engine 73, the "doodlebug". Both my Grandfather and Dad were engineers on it. I was on it once, when I was 7. Maybe this is Muskegon. Not sure.
[Because of the building on the right, I don't think this photo was in Muskegon; but Joe's comment did bring this GTW dock to my attention.]

1972 Muskegon West Quad @ 24,000

You can still see the slip and apron. And it is still used as a dock, but not for a ferry.
3D Satellite

Lake Express High Speed Ferry posted two photos with the comment: "Getting reading in Muskegon for our first load of the week.  It’s a beautiful Monday and a great start.  Come take a ride with us!"
1

2

Photo, Aug 2015 and lake-express

No comments:

Post a Comment