|Satellite, west (rail) side of Alpha Bakery|
Cragin Yard was the now empty strip of land east of the BRC between North Avenue and Division Street. It is no longer needed because the industrial branch that used to run between C&NW's Northwest Main and C&NW's West Main now just runs from the north junction south to just past Armitage. The lead at the end looks barely long enough to hold a locomotive running around its train. The Grand and North Avenue overpasses still exist, just no track.
The overpass at Augusta Blvd. looked wide and it has been "daylighted."
|1938 Aerial Photo from ILHAP|
The covered hopper makes sense for Alpha Baking. But why would there be two boxcars in that train?