Thursday, January 14, 2016

Bensenville, IL: Tower B-17: CP/Milwaukee vs. CP/Milwaukee

Bird's Eye View
Until it warms up and I can get my own shot, I'm going to make do with this image.



An Iowa Pacific E-9 pulling a passenger train on what is normally a freight-only cutoff from the northern Milwaukee route.
Jerry Jackson shared
I learned the tower's name from this posting. Once I had the name, I could Google search "Bensenville B17" to find the location. I don't need to go back to a 1938 aerial photo because both routes and the tower still exist. The search also found a Chicago Railfan resource that I record here for future reference. And another railfan resource.
Steven J. Brown posted
Hooping orders to outbound New Line SOO SD60's from Bensenville at Tower B17 in May 1990.
Update:
Jerry Jackson posted
 A typical Fall workday at Bensenville. 1990.
[Jerry confirmed that is Tower B17 on the left.]
Sam Carlson posted a couple of Jan 1985 photos and a contemporary photo that includes B17.

post

comment
 The tower has changed.
comment


No comments:

Post a Comment